- Chicken - 8 pieces
- Lime juice concentrated - 2 tbsp
- Ginger Paste- 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste -1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Chilly Powder -1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Powder -1/4tsp
- Salt as required
- Curd- 6 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tsp or more if required
1. Clean the chicken pieces. (Preferably Breast/Leg pieces) . With a sharp knife make fine slits on the chicken pieces.
2. Apply lime and salt over the pieces and keep for half and hour.
3. Mix Ginger Paste,Garlic Paste,Garam Masala,Turmeric Powder,Pepper Powder, Cumin Powder,Corainder Powder,Chilly Powder,Asafoetida,Mustard Powder.
4. Add 6 tbsp thick curd to the Masala mix, salt as required and marinate the chicken pieces. 5. Place in refrigerator for atleast 6 hours. (Read note below for additional tips)
6. Keep the chicken pieces outside for 1 hour before cooking.
7. Apply 1 tsp oil over the nonstick grill/ nonstick pan and place the chicken pieces over the pan and brush the top of the chicken pieces with oil. ( Butter can also be used instead of oil ) . Close the pan with a suitable vessel. After sometime flip the chicken pieces and again apply oil on the top and close the pan again with a suitable vessel. Make sure you cook on low flame always. Keep this at least for 20 minutes. Sometimes it may take some more time depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
8 . When the chicken is cooked, apply little oil and fry the chicken pieces on both sides for 2 mins without closing the pan .Chicken will trun brownish after it is done.
Note: In case you want to cook within 3 hours after marinating the chicken pieces , it is not necessary to keep in refrigerator . You can keep it outside for 2 hours before cooking.