Jackfruit is a fruit that is common all throughout Asia.Jackfruit is rich in nutrients such as sodium, potassium, iron, vitamin B6, calcium, zinc, and many other nutrients. Jackfruit can lower blood pressure, cure fever , fight asthma and diarrhea. The fruit is also a good source of vitamin C which is known for its antioxidant properties so it can also boost your immune system..This fruit also has nutrients that fight ulcers, and indigestion. Jackfruit can also slow down aging and cell degeneration.
- Jack Fruit Pods cut into pieces - 3 Cups
- Jack Fruit Seed - 10 Nos
- Pepper mashed - 15 nos
- Chilly Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil as required
- Curry Leaves
How to Cook :
- Clean the jackfruit pods well.
- Cut the jackfruit pods into pieces.
- Remove the skin of the Jackfruit seed.( It has three layers.Remove the layers till you get a pure white layer.The last layer to be removes will be brown layer)
- Cut into 4 pieces and set aside.
- Transfer the jack fruit pieces, turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper mashed, jackfruit seed with required salt to the cooker with 1 1/2 cup of water. Cook to 3 whistles.
- Open the cooker and add 1/4 cup water if required enough for the gravy and boil for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes , add oil and curryleaves.