I love desserts , puddings a lot. So this time i tried with a different fruit, peaches. I bought the del monte's peach halves, which are precooked.
- Canned peaches - 500 grams
- Milk- 1/2 litre
- Cream-170 gram
- Sugar- 1 glass
- Milkmaid-1 tin
- Chinagrass- 15 grams
- Water - as required to soakchina grass - 1 glass minimum,
- Nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Saffron - a pinch
- Separate the peaches from the canned solution.Keep the solution aside.
- Mash the peaches well.
- Mix the mashed peaches with the solution and keep this aside. ( I took 1 peach halve for the decoration )
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan , pour the milk and bring to boil.
- When the milk come to boil , add the cream and milkmaid.Stir the mixture on medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Adjust the flame and again stir for 5 to 10 minutes till it start to thicken.( I check the consistency by moving the mixture with a spoon. While moving the mixture with the spoon, we will be able to see the bottom of the pan , you will see the solution getting separated from the sides.)
- Double boil the china grass till it fully dissolves.
- Mix the china grass solution with the milk milk-maid mixture, Make sure you mix them both before they get cold.
- After sometime, you will see it will start to thicken .(within 2 minutes)
- Now add the mashed peaches.Keep this aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, press with a spoon and you will feel it started to thicken.
- Keep it in freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours , place in normal refrigerator.
- Decorate with sliced peach halves .