In kerala , we have lot of coconuts. We use coconut in different forms.We use the young coconuts for making this pudding.Tender coconuts are very healthy and nutritious.It is composed of sugar , minerals, vitamin C, electrolyte - potassium, amino acids, anti oxidants It is given to patients having diarrhea.It is a healthy drink given to pregnant women too.
- Elaneer/ karikke pieces/ Tender coconut pulp - 2 cups
- Elaneer water / karikkum vellam/Tender coconut water- 2 cups
- China grass- 10 grams
- Milkmaid- 1 tin
- Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Water- 1/2 glass
- Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Coconut grated- 1/2 cup
How to Cook :
1 . Mix the coconut pulp and coconut water in a mixie just to mix it. It should not be grinded too much , we should get the pulp to bite in the pudding.
|MIX ELANEER AND ELANEER PULP WELL|
|MIX MILKMAID WITH MILK|
4. Mix the chinagrass into the milk milkmaid mixture. Always make sure you mix these when both the milk and chinagrass solution are hot.
|MIX CHINA GRASS SOLUTION , MILKMILKMAID|
5.Let the mixture cool .
6. Mix the coconut water into the milk milkmaid mixture . Mix it well . Keep aside for 20 minutes.
7. It will start to thicken.
|SET ASIDE FOR 20 MINUTES AND IT WILL START TO THICKEN|
9.Garnish the pudding with the fried coconuts.
9.Refrigerate it for 3 hours.
|AFTER REFRIGERATING FOR 2 HOURS.|
Note: When you mix milk and milkmaid if you do like this , it is better. Boil the milk.When the milk come to boil add the milkmaid and stir for 10 minutes.