Search This Blog

Nut Meg pickle


Nutmeg is what we call " jathiikka  " in Malayalam  Nutmeg is covered with red mace. The outer yellow color part is called the nutmeg fruit. We use this nutmeg fruit  cut into pieces to make this pickle.I will upload the pic of the nutmeg fruit.IF you google it , you will see the nutmeg fruit.
It is very good for the stomach. 




  
Ingredients
  1. Nut Meg - 10 nos skin ( yellow part of it )
  2. Chilly powder- 3 tbsp
  3. Asafoetida- 1 tsp
  4. Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
  5. Salt as required
  6. Oil - 3 tbsp
How to Cook
  1. Cut the jathikka into pieces and soak in water for 1 hour.
  2. After 1 hour, drain out the water .
  3. Fry the fenugreek and make a powder of it.Keep it aside.
  4. Add oil to the pan and when it is hot saute the jathikka pieces in it for sometime.(10 minutes minimum )
  5. Add 1/2 glass water and cook till the water gets dried off.
  6. Mix the jathikka with , salt, asafoetida,fenugreek powder, chilly powder  well.
  7. Heat oil and mix it with the jathika pieces
  8. Keep aside for 1 day.
  9. Next day transfer to a bowl and refrigerate it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. I don’t know a large number of links to forums but my friends seem to be able to spend a lot of time on them that’s for sure.

Anonymous said...

I heard a couple of guys talking about this in the New York subway so I looked it up online and found your page. Thanks. I thought I was right and you confirmed my thoughts. Thanks for the work you've put into this. I'd love to save this and share with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful present of having written this article. The message seems to be given to me specifically. Our son also had a lot to learn from this – though he was the individual that found your site first. Most of us can't imagine a more superb present than a gift to encourage that you do more.