The Leaf used for preparing traditional Ada is Bay Leaves. Few use Banana Leaves as well.The speciality of the dish is the tempting aroma spread when you cook this.
5.Fold the leaf in the middle and press the leaf so that the filling is spread evenly.Press all sides as well so that the filling wont come out.Refer Picture C.
6.Place the banana wraps in steaming vessel and steam for minimum 20 minutes , till it get fully cooked. Refer Picture D.
|Bay Leaves Used for Cooking|
- Ela - as needed
- Rice Flour( unboiled)- 2 1/4 cup
- Sharkkara (Jaggery )- 1/4 kg
- Jack Fruit Jam - 300 gram
- Powdered Cardamon - 1 tbsp
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut- 2 cups
- Take the flour into a bowl and add a pinch of salt ,boiled water enough to make a smooth dough with a spoon first.When the dough cools , still lightly warm , knead the dough thoroughly with hand .
- Boil jaggery with 1/4 cup of water in a pan . After it gets dissolved, filter it to remove the dust particles. Again boil to get a thick syrup.
- Mix coconut, Jack fruit jam , cardamon powder , jaggery syrup with the prepared rice dough to get a semi thick paste. Make lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- On one piece of leaf , place the rice dough ball , press and spread out the dough . Dipping the hand in water while doing it will make it easier to spread the dough. Refer picture below A and B
|Picture B : Dough Spread Out|