For the Batter
- All purpose flour/ Maida- 1 1/2 Cup
- Rice flour- 1/2 Cup
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil for deep frying
Preparing batter :
Mix the items to make the batter with enough water to form a smooth paste. We should be able to dip the filling balls in this batter . So the consistency should be as required.
- Green Gram/Mung Bean - 1 Cup
- Grated Jaggery- 2 Cups
- Coconut grated- 1 Cup
- Cardamon - 10 Nos crushed
- Soak the green gram for 4 hours. After 4 hours , cook in cooker to 5 whistles.
- Please make sure the water is completely drained off.
- It should be well cooked enough to make small balls.
- Heat a pan and add the jaggery with 1/4 cup water. Cook in low flame till the jaggery completely dissolve.
- Let it cool and after it is cool , pass it through a strainer to get a clear jaggery syrup.
- Add the jaggery syrup to a pan and add the grated coconut, cardamon powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Now add the cooked mung bean and mix it well for sometime till the mixture is almost dry .( we should be able to make balls out of this mixture)
How to Cook.
- Heat pan and add enough oil for frying.
- Make small balls out of the filling mixture.
- Dip each ball in the prepared batter .
- Transfer to the frying pan and deep fry till it start to turn brown.
- Serve Hot !