This is a variety recipe made by my husbands mom.She tasted it from a restaurent in Trivandrum when she was in college.
The speciality of this recipe is tomatoes are cut into slices and it is not fully cooked.
- Tomato Sliced to thin layers - 5 No
- Coconut powder- 5 tbsp
- Luke Warm Water- 2 Cups
- Onion- 2 No
- Cardamon- 3 No
- Cloves- 6 No
- Bay leaves- 2 No
- Cinnabon stick - 1 No
- Star Anise- 1 No
- Ginger Paste- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly- 3 No
- Curry Leaves- 20 No
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Mix the coconut powder with 2 Cups luke warm water. Keep this aside.
- Crush the cinnabon , Cardamon , bayleaves , star anise and cloves .
- Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot add the crushed ingredients . Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions with little salt . Saute the onions till it turn translucent.
- Add the ginger paste and saute till the raw smell of it goes.
- Add the garam masala and suate for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and coconut milk.Bring to boil.
- When it start to boil ,add the sliced tomatoes and sliced green chilly.
- Cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Garnish with curry leaves.